Hi, I’m Catherine Saxelby. If you’re wondering who I am then this is the place to find out.
My official Bio is below but here are 8 facets of Catherine Saxelby…
- food and nutrition
- making healthy eating EASY so it’s not a chore
- helping people who haven’t got a lot of spare time eat healthily
- promoting healthy weight loss
- testing food products, reviewing new diet books and teaching tools
- cooking healthy food fast
- my Foodwatch website
- sharing what I’ve learned as a nutritionist, freelancer and busy Mum of two.
- all the nonsense and confusion that surrounds food, eating and diets these days
- stupid fad diets that promise fast weight loss and suck you in
- unhealthy fast food dripping with grease and overloaded with salt or sugar – and not a vegetable in sight?
Foodwatch is a blend of art and science – the art of cooking quick healthy meals
plus the science of food and food theories. It covers:
- food products and ingredients
- super foods
- recipes and how to cook
- where to go for sound, sensible advice
- how to judge a new diet (and there’s always new ones around)
- healthy weight loss and how to stay slim in a world that’s full of junk food
- eating out without going overboard
- eating for energy
- I’ve worked in nutrition for 25 years – in a hospital, a clinic, a research centre as well as for food companies, government departments and magazines
- I’ve taught nutrition & science to high school students as well as TAFE and adult education
- Advised growers and manufacturers how to market their products with nutrition in mind
- Served as a nutrition editor and freelance journalist (for magazines and newspapers) for the last 12 years.
- Written over 2000 articles on just about every aspect of healthy eating
- Published 9 books on eating and special diets. Nutrition for Life is one of the best-selling books on nutrition with sales almost tipping half a million over 20 years.Buy it here.
- Researched and analysed hundreds of foods and products
- Critiqued nutrition assessment programs for healthy foods
- Created a successful website
- Analysed and tested hundreds of recipes
- Created dozens of facts sheets and resources that are used by doctors, dietitians and teachers
- Acted as media spokesperson for radio and television
- Have done an awful lot of cooking from everyday meals for the family to bulk dishes for volunteers, to teaching kids how to cook simple meals to modified recipes for medical diets like gluten-free and salt-free.
Hear my philosophy on food and healthy eating for busy people. Listen now to an interview with Joanne Lester (Audio file from Radio FM1032 – runs for 9 mins)
Read my best published articles, the ones I’m really proud of and catch me every week in New Idea. And my how-to articles on this site on things ranging from how to eat well to healthy weight loss to eating to boost your energy.
Read about the causes I support
Me on the web…
Watch Catherine talking about the GI (3 min video)
Download Catherine’s official Bio here (pdf 194KB)